This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
As a financial institution, we have the obligation to adhere to a variety of rules, laws and regulations. And above all, we want to build an ethical and sustainable business.
In order to build a sustainable business, we, as a financial institution, need to know at all times what our customers are up to and whether this is in line with rules, regulations and risk appetite. And all this in a scalable way. We do that by involving different teams: Screening operations, Customer Risk Review Operations and Anti-Money Laundering Operations are some examples of teams where we offer opportunities for students.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Monitor Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) procedures to ensure our customers’ compliance
- Operational tasks regarding the KYC process, so for example: checking documents, bank information, location etc. This applies to both merchants as well as shoppers.
- You will be supporting Adyen merchants over email. And besides that, you will be working in a big student team and collaborating with others to provide merchants the best service.
- You will be identifying transactions and patterns that might pose an increased money laundering, terrorist financing or fraud risks to Adyen.
- Prepare relevant reports as required including documentation in support of any action proposed based on the results of investigations
We take a personal approach: you apply to this role, and together during the first interview we try to find the right position and team within Adyen. Your next interviews will be with the team we see best fit.
Who you are:
- You have a great sense of responsibility and strong analytical skills
- You understand you'll be working with confidential data and will act accordingly
- You pick up new information easily, take ownership and are collaborative
- Possess time management and organizational skills in order to manage workload and ensure established deadlines are met
- Have interest and basic understanding of the finance sector
- You are a bachelor or master student in the Netherlands;
- You are committed to working for at least 6 months, preferably a year or longer;
- You are available at least 24 hours/week or more; Monday to Friday;
- You speak and write fluent English;
- Additional languages such as German, French, Cantonese are a plus;
- You can commit to working from the office (work from home not possible);
- Your maximum travel time is 1.5 hours (one way) to our Amsterdam offices.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.