Want to get great professional experience within top companies? This opportunity is for you!
STEP UP is a paid summer internship program that aims to promote diversity and inclusion in the tier one legal job market in Europe by improving access and providing equal opportunity for law students of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
Strength in our differences
We believe that our strengths come from our differences. We are committed to creating an environment that unlocks the power of diversity in our business and our communities. Does this resonate with your aspirations?
We are transforming our legal ecosystem as we evolve to meet unprecedented tech advancements, tackle tough ethical questions and uncharted environmental challenges. We want you – the next generation of legal talents from a variety of backgrounds – to get ready, and STEP UP is designed to help you.
In this hands-on summer internship program, you’ll learn how the Legal Department works in leading organizations. STEP UP offers a unique opportunity for law students to work with two different companies during one internship, by spending one month at each. Participating companies include Adecco, Air Liquide, Asics, Booking.com, Capgemini, Coca-Cola, Danone, FedEx, KLM, Materialise, MSD, Publicis Groupe, SD Worx, Selecta, Stryker, Terumo, Toyota and Umicore.
One summer - Two top companies
What: In this two-month full-time remunerated summer internship, you’ll work in the Legal Department of two participating companies. You’ll spend July with one company, then move to a different company in August. Both companies will be located in the same country.
Where: Belgium, France or the Netherlands
Why: Get the experience and connections you need to help move up your legal career ladder. STEP UP will give you a unique opportunity to build your network, gain tangible experience within the legal profession and direct exposure in an international environment. Ready to take the first step? Apply today!
Studying in Belgium, France or the Netherlands
- In Belgium or France: currently enrolled in your first year of Master Degree in Law for
academic year 2021-2022 (Master 1)
- In the Netherlands: commencing a Master Degree in Law in September 2022 or already
enrolled to a Master Degree in Law that will not be finalized in 2022
- Available in July and August 2022
- Authorized to work in the European Union
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Eager to learn how business acumen is applied to in-house counsel in an international environment
- Pragmatic, business and solutions oriented
- Team player, willing to support cross-functional project teams
- Belgium or the Netherlands: Fluent English is required; local languages are a plus.
- France: French is required; English is a plus.
How to apply?
Send your application to Step-Up_Program@fedex.com by April 30, 2022 including your:
- Motivation letter – Include what diversity means to you.
- Resume - List your language skills and specific legal studies.
Candidates will be selected by the STEP UP selection team and matched with the partnered companies in the country where they are studying. Company locations are:
- Belgium (Leuven, Brussels, Antwerp)
- France (Paris area, Lyon)
- The Netherlands (Hoofddorp, Amsterdam, Haarlem, Dordrecht and Utrecht)
If required, the candidate will virtually meet with the partnered company before the final selection. Successful candidates will be informed about their selection in the program by May 30, 2022.
This program is supported by the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) and the Belgian Institute of CompanyLawyers (IBJ / IJE)