Jump-Start Your Career
If you're an ambitious undergraduate or a professional a few years out of college, we want you to explore our Associate Consultant (AC) role.
As an associate consultant, you’ll apply and develop your analytical, interpersonal, creative thinking, business management and leadership skills from day one. You'll begin as a generalist and be placed in the thick of the action, as you work side by side with some of the best consultants in the business.
What You'll Do
Every day is different, but here's a sample of what you can expect to experience and accomplish:
- Work on a case team with three to five other consultants, owning a distinct aspect of the project
- Take charge of identifying information sources, gathering and interpreting data, executing analysis, and presenting findings to case team members and client stakeholders
- Interview clients' customers, competitors, suppliers and employers—work that will become the basis of the case team's strategic recommendations
- After accumulating appropriate experience, take responsibility for supervising more junior ACs
To apply, you'll need to submit the following items, plus any additional requirements for the main office you wish to join:
- Resume/CV (Word doc or PDF files only)
- Educational background information
- Work experience
- Relevant test scores
Application Deadlines and Start Dates
- Application Deadlines: None, we welcome you to submit your application at any convenient time for you as we interview year round
- Start Dates: First weeks of January, March, June, September, November
Additional Language and Visa Requirements
Backgrounds Qualified to Apply
- Masters (Non-MBA)
- Medical doctorate
- Legal doctorate
- Post doctorates
- A working professional with less than 3 years of experience
Additional Application Materials (Mandatory)
- High school transcripts
- Bachelor transcripts
- Master transcripts
- Motivation letter
A case interview is a way for us to discuss cases based on our client work.
The experience interview gives us a chance to learn about your accomplishments, understand your motivations and passions, and hear why you’re seeking a career in consulting at Bain.