Preparing You for a Career in Consulting
Our summer internship program for bachelor's degree candidates provides broad exposure to the consulting industry and teaches business strategy through full-time immersion on a Bain case team.
As an Associate Consultant Intern (ACI), you'll begin with a week of intensive training led by our experienced consultants—and very similar to the training received by new associate consultants. If you meet our performance expectations, you’ll receive an offer to return full-time as an associate consultant upon graduating.
What You'll Do
After training, you'll be assigned to an active case. Here's a sample of what you can expect to experience and accomplish:
- Work on a case team with three to five other consultants, taking charge of a distinct aspect of the project
- Interview clients' customers, competitors, suppliers and employers—work that will become the basis of the case team's strategic recommendations
- Own and identify information sources, gather and interpret data, and execute analysis to translate into meaningful insights
- Present your findings to case team members and client stakeholders
- Resume/CV (Word doc or PDF files only)
- Educational background information
- Work experience
- Relevant test scores
Application Deadlines and Start Dates
- Application Deadlines: None, we welcome you to submit your application at any convenient time for you as we interview year round
- Start Dates: First weeks of January, March, June, September, November
Additional Language and Visa Requirements
Backgrounds Qualified to Apply
- Bachelor degree candidates
- Masters degree candidates
Additional Application Materials
- High school transcripts
- Bachelors transcripts
- Master transcripts (if applicable)
- Motivation letter
A case interview is a way for us to discuss cases based on our client work.
The experience interview gives us a chance to learn about your accomplishments, understand your motivations and passions, and hear why you’re seeking a career in consulting at Bain.