With profound research and advice, Profundo aims to make a practical contribution to sustainability and social justice. Our work mainly focuses on international commodity chains, the financial sector, public policies, and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). We analyse all sustainability aspects affected by the behaviour of corporates and financials: from human rights to deforestation, from climate change to tax and from armed conflicts to gender impacts. Our international client and donor base includes civil society organizations (CSOs), trade unions, research institutes and government institutions, as well as philanthropic foundations.
To expand our research capacity we are looking for an enthusiastic assistent-researcher!
You will participate in a variety of research projects for clients from across the globe, which are led by (senior) researchers. Your role will be to collect data on - among others - companies, financial institutions, trade flows, sustainability impacts and policies. You are expected to analyse the collected data, to assess for instance in which products and production processes companies are investing; what companies are financed by banks and pension funds; what the sustainability impacts of different forms of corporate behaviour are; which policies and standards are relevant in certain situations and if these are violated; and what different stakeholders could do to support sustainable and just transitions. Finally, you will write down your analyses in clear, concise contributions to research reports and engage in discussions with other members of the project team to draw conclusions and give recommendations to the client.
We expect you to:
- have a university or higher educational degree in a relevant field of study;
- be strongly motivated to stimulate the business and financial world to commit to sustainabilityand social justice;
- have research experience with Excel and affinity with quantitative data analyses;
- feel an innate drive to want to get to the bottom of things;
- know how to collaborate efficiently and respectfully with a diverse group of colleagues;
- be able to write research texts in the English language;
- look for opportunities to broaden your research experience and to gain in-depth knowledge;
- be flexible and comfortable with working towards tight deadlines; and
- live within commuting distance of our office or have the willingness to relocate.
- the chance to work on challenging and varied research, advice and training projects with a high social relevance;
- an organisational structure which aims to stimulate your personal and professional development;
- collaboration within an international team of highly motivated colleagues with diverse fields of expertise;
- regular contacts with an inspiring civil society network spanning the globe;
- a friendly office close to the Amsterdam Sloterdijk train station;
- a contract for 32 to 40 hours per week (to be determined in consultation);
- flexible working hours and the option to work part-time from home;
- an initial monthly salary (for 40 hours per week) between € 2,842 and € 3,124, depending on years of experience; and
- a good pension scheme and other fringe benefits.
Profundo is an equal opportunity employer striving for a diverse and inclusive workplace. Applicants from a minority background are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information on Profundo, please visit our website (www.profundo.nl). If you have further questions on this position, feel free to call or send an email to Jan Willem van Gelder (+31-(0)20- 8208320 or email@example.com).
Please send your application, including a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae and a sample of your research work, before 28 April 2022 to Jan Willem van Gelder via firstname.lastname@example.org.